This Privacy Statement explains how information about you is collected, used and disclosed by greenemwills.com (“GMW”). This Statement applies to information we collect when you use our website or when you otherwise interact with us, such as by participating in programs.
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the bottom of the Statement and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review this Statement whenever you access the Sites to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive email updates, fill out a form, send us an email, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request information, respond to our requests or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address and photos, videos, audio recordings and other information or media you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Sites
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Facilitate your participation in events and programs that we and our partners host or provide and interaction with other participants in such events and programs;
- Send you confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites;
- Personalize and improve the Sites;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We will not share information about you except as follows or as otherwise described in this Statement:
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of GMW, its members, or others;
- With appropriate notice to you, with your consent, or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Contact Us About Opting Out
You may opt-out from being contacted by GMW, also from allowing us to share your information with cooperative databases or research entities, by contacting us at admin at greenmwills.com. With regard to email communications, additionally, you may use the unsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of emails sent by GMW.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security Opens in a new tab for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
Residents of the European Economic Area
This section is for you if you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and other countries like the UK, or Switzerland, where the law includes certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. For example, we may process your personal data to facilitate any merchandise purchases you might make.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to communicate with you about changes to our Sites, to provide, secure, and improve our Sites, and to provide for the security of you, our staff, and our guests at events we or our partners host.
- We have your consent to do so. For example, we will seek your consent before processing your personal data in connection with an event we are hosting or before adding your name to our participant directory.
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal data. For example, we may need to retain information about your donations or purchases to comply with our legal obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, visit:
- http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm Opens in a new tab
- For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en Opens in a new tab
- For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ Opens in a new tab
- For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html Opens in a new tab
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us.
Last updated September 17, 2023